Saturday 2 August 2014

Pan Pastels and Inks all the way



Today we are off on our holiday and the taxi will be collecting us at 7am for the trip to Southampton to embark the ship, so this is a bit of a heavy post with not only my usual Saturday Allsorts share, but also those for Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More. I decided it might make sense if I posted the Sunday challenges a day early so I could check them out whilst on dry land as I refuse to pay the exorbitant on board wifi charges.

Tracy has chosen this weeks Allsorts theme of Favourite Things and at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More it's 'Anything Goes'.......ooooops how did that happen I wonder, clearly I wasn't thinking when these were decided but at least it offers you all the opportunity to double up.

Well there was no thinking to do for my Allsorts piece really, it had to be Penny Black stamps, Dylusions and distress inks, my perfect idea of crafty fun. After spraying the reverse of a piece of Centura Pearl with Dylusions and Glimmer Mist pearl I stenciled the sun rays and then the Penny Black stamps, Red Tango......not sure I have actually done these Poppies in red yet but Himalayan ones work fine for me.......and Daisy Fields, a pretty old stamp but a real fav and the best part about both are they are wood mounted.........call me old fashioned but I far prefer them to the modern unmounted ones.


My Stamping Sensations piece is a little Country scene created with some masking and Pan Pastels, a mixture of Sutter, Inkylicious and Stamp Addcits stamps and a bit of highlighting with watercolour pencils.


And finally my Penny Black piece using the Bashful die.................I know yet again but I really am loving these new Penny Black dies and so many are an identical match to some of my old wood mounted stamps as with this one. The background is Pan Pastels, the sun rays sponged with Adirondack ink and the daisies stamped with the same and distress markers for the stems, the die cut daisies are coloured with PP's and a PB sentiment.

Happy weekend to you all.

41 comments:

Radhika said...

Lovely Cards..:)

Helen said...

Have a great holiday, relax and rest!! Love today's cards; and your new blog header!! xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Another amazing collection of cards Brenda, love them all!!

ellyscard creatief said...

Very nice cards.Love the 3e one
Have a nice day.
Gr Elly

Andreja said...

WOW Brenda, you change photo on the TOP ... soo lovelly :-))
And your cards today are so fantastic ... great job you done!
Have a nice weekend, Hugs, Andreja

Wendy L said...

All lovely Brenda, have a great time, xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Brenda.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday
Lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Enjoy your holiday while I enjoy these lovely creations.xxx
// You may like to join my birthday candy on my blog. ♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Three very beautiful cards, I love them all, but for me the first is super!!
... Your black dog in the blog header is very very cute!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great cards , fabulous ink effects , see you love foxes like me. janex

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful cards

Pat said...

Such beautiful cards Brenda, hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Pat xx

Ellibelle said...

These are all simply stunning Brenda, love each one of them!
Have a wonderful trip with lots of fun, relaxing and sunshine!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are all beautiful Brenda I love all three
Kevin xx

mags said...

A wonderful selection of cards Brenda. Hope you have a fabulous holiday.
mags
x

Daniele said...

I am soooooo loving the pink and green floral one you did for the Penny Black challenge, I so need to come to your classes, stunning card Brenda
hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, wow and wow again Brenda these are all so beautiful the image, colours and designs of each one are superb I love them all.
hugs
lorraine x

rachel said...

absolutely beautiful cards as always Brenda - a fabulous set - I especially love the last floral one - beautiful! I hope you have a fantastic holiday. Hugs Rachel xx

Sharon said...

They are both gorgeous Brenda. Love the scene of the first but I love the die on the second with the stamp.
Have a fabulous holiday Brenda and see you on your return.
Hugs Sharon. x

Paper Profusion said...

Both are amazing Brenda and really beautiful. I'm just back from hols (hence my absence). Have a fabulous voyage. Nicola x

Berina RGA said...

beautiful cards!! love the scenery one! I'm a big fan of your scenery cards...
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Kathleen said...

Love, love,love the first and third card due to the colours, second card very clever and fabulously put together.
Glad it is not just me that won't pay for the internet on the ships, hope you have a fantastic time.

Kath x

NancyD said...

Thayer are all gorgeous Brenda, but I have to say those flowers on the first card pop right off the page. Love how you use PanPastels. NancyD .

Jackie said...

Wonderful selection of cards, al so different but all so special. Have a wonderful holiday :o)
Jackie xx

Linby said...

Love the new blog header. Fantastic work as always, love the die mixed with the stamp.
Enjoy your hol.
Lynn x

Gerrina said...

Three different cards and all say the same; looks like you had so much fun making these! So many techniques and materials I like to work with too, so I couldnot pick a favo, or maybe the first card... Hope you have a great vacation and come back with the needed energy for the time after it! Hugs, Gerrina

Tracy said...

Ok so my favourite has to be the fox, you know me Brenda. Three wonderful creations. All very you in style too. Gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Eva Olmo said...

Wowww beautiful cards!

Kat said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda. My favourite has to be the last one. I love that image and die.

Hope you have a fantastic holiday and get lots of rest and relaxation. You must be ready for your holiday by now.

Take care,

Kat xx

Gail said...

Just lovely!
Hope you're well!
Have an amazing holiday!

Sophie said...

Eine wunderschöne Karten-Auswahl. So unterschiedlich und so schön...
Mir gefallen alle sehr, besonders aber das mit dem türkisen Island-Mohn. Da gefällt mir die Farbzusammenstellung extrem gut.

Sophie xx

Heidi Erickson said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the Penny Black daisy card with the stamped images along with the die!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

These are wonderful cards. The first is my personal favorite.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning collection of cards and i do hope you are having the most amazing hols too, Luv Sam x

Annmaree of Oz said...

Lots of beautiful scenic cards here Bx So much colour and vibrancy!

Craftnut said...

Beautiful card for my challenge Brenda Tracy xx

Lynne K said...

Absolutely stunning cards, all of them! The scene one is fab, it looks a bit like round here, foxes and all! I love the blue poppies, but my favourite is the Bashful one. Simply beautiful. I'm going to have to get that die..... x

susiestacey said...

Stunning cards Brenda, love them all but in particular the top poppy one is an absolute stunner - so much details in there. Hope the holiday is going well x Susan x

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow!!! Stunning cards Brenda! Love them all! The first one is so so beautiful ..with all those gorgeous colours!!! Loving them all!

Sally H said...

Both absolutely gorgeous, Brenda! Love the colours on the second and the dies are fab! The first however is my favourite - a stunning scene!

scrappymo! said...

Having a catch up on your blog. That fox scene is amazing! Love the way you did the sun too.

Your second card looks so cool with the flowers overhanging the image area!