Saturday 10 December 2011

It Takes Two



Good Monring peeps, how are your Christmas preparations going ? I think I am just about there and tomorrow we have a big family day with about twenty coming, so quite a bit of preparation to be done although I confess M&S are taking a good bit of the effort out of it.

It's my turn to host the theme at Allsorts this week and I would like to see creations on the theme "It Takes Two".................basically use just two colours on your work, but you can use white as well as your base colour.


Two DT cards for me, the one at the top of my post............yellow and black...............uses Ruth's A Passion for Stamps Narcissus image which you will find here, coloured with Aquamarkers and decoupaged onto a mat cut with Nestabilities, stamped with Hero Arts H2635 Old French writing and inked round the edges with TH mustard. The DP is Kasier and the sentiment is Penny Black 3096F.

For the second card I have used one of the Christmas stamps from Stampendous JGS157 which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it and ended up making quite a few with it as it lends itself to all occasions apart from Christmas, in fact I'm not sure I actually made a Christmas card with it.

For this one I stamped the image onto vellum using versafine black and embossed with detail clear. I coloured the image from behind with Copics and decoupaged some of the flowers. I machined round the edge of the Bo Bunny DP and tied a simple seam binding bow at the side. I love the fresh colours of this one, make me think of Spring...................

Our sponsors this week are A Passion for Stamps and Scotch Tapes whose restickable tabs I used on my both my cards....................you will find a bit more about them on the challenge blog and also here on a post I did last week where I also used them.

Have a good weekend everyone and as always, thank you so much for popping by.

35 comments:

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful cards. I like the easelcard.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Auntie Em said...

Your cards are soooo pretty! Love the way you popped up the layers and the blings and texture. Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing these bright spring designs! :)

Vicky said...

These are really beautiful cards hun, love the colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Ruth said...

Super cards as always, Brenda. I love your choice of colours and the crisp, clean lines of both cards! Hope you have a fantastic family day tomorrow!!! Ruth x

Paula (PEP) said...

Both of these remind me of spring & I love the way the black/white elements serve to really accent the two colours - the fleur de lys border in the first is particularly striking echoing the shaped edges of your card.
Paula (PEP)

craftymum said...

beautiful cards Brenda
hugs sarah x

Tanya said...

beautiful! I love yellow, so happy!

Helen said...

Beautiful spring-like cards Brenda! Have a great family day tomorrow. What would we do without M&S!!

ЦВЕТНИ ФАНТАЗИИ said...

Много, много красиви, прелестни картички!Адмирации...Обожанам картички с цветя, най-вече жълтите.....Поздрави от България!

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards, Brenda. Have a lovely day tomorrow.
Nikki x

Crafty Loops said...

Ohhhh Brenda these cards are beautiful and yellow is my favourite colour too. I wish M&S would take some of the effort off me!! I have chocolate icecream to make for around 20 people and theres nothing to substitute it Im afraid as its an old family recipe! And I have to make it in two loads! Im trying to gear myself up to make it as its such a faffy recipe that MUST be done to the letter and deliver it around half the family as there is not enough room in my freezer. Oh the joys. Just the pavlova to make on Christmas Eve!! Its enormous too! Lee xx

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, love that image. Isn't it great how effective it is to use just 2 colours plus white?

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Take care

Kat xx

Jennifer said...

How cheerful and dramatic! I love the stitching on your second card and the poem on your first is splendid!

Fanny said...

hello , I loved your cards!!!! have a happy hollydays

fatmonica said...

These are beautiful!

debby4000 said...

Oh they are absolutely gorgeous Brenda.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Wow these are stunning Brenda, love the first one mostly, the touches of black are fantastic xx

Mistys Mum said...

Such beautiful cards - thank you for inspiration. I think I just prefer the easel card a little more

Crafting Queen said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the second one. Hope you have a wonderful time. :)

xxxtglxxx said...

These are both gorgeous Brenda :)

I love the stylish and elegant shaped card, it looks amazing.

The second card has a lovely fresh feel and the colours are fab.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mandy G said...

Hi Terminator,
glad to hear your trip to the hospital wasn't as bad as you thought it would be, more pills though booooo!
I love your cards you really are inspiring my fav is the daffodils, I can't explain why just love it.
so hope to speak soon, and I hope your day with the family is fun :)
Big Hugs
Mandy

PatR said...

Fabulous cards Brenda. Hope you enjoyed your family day. xx

Tina said...

very nice card...

S H A Z I A said...

card is very beautiful.. i like it very much

Basslady said...

this is so stunning and beautiful!
GREAT job!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Lai-Yoke said...

Both lovely cards, Brenda! Love the spring colours!

green investments said...

Greetings from the UK. This is just beautiful, extremely cheerful and just so yellow. Thanks so much for sharing!

luckmey said...

Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is so cool. I'm impressed by the details that you’ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. louis vuitton epi leather

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunshiney cards, just love Yellow its such a happy colour!

Hope you are having a great lead up to christmas, good luck with the big family day and 20 mouths to feed. Enjoy it, and take lots of pics for the scrapbook!:-)

Juls said...

such fabulous floral creations!! Hugs Juls

Trish and Treasure said...

Great cards, love the yellow flowers!!
Trish Munro

Julie said...

I love your daffodils cards - fab way to use a beautiful poem! x

buy cs5 said...

Lovely i love the card. It such a very beautiful. I attract by that. Every thing looking so beautiful.I impressed by that. Every design and decoration looking so beautiful.

line marker machine said...

In a second picture round design of flower is such a beautiful. I am so impressed by that. It design and decoration looking amazing. I really appreciate for your work.

125cc scooter said...

I Right colour choose in a card of flower. Thanks for sharing that card with detail. I like your work and design. Best wishes your work and success.