Saturday 17 December 2011

Hero 2012 debut stamps hit town



Hello peeps, time for a new challenge at Allsorts and this week Fleur is our host and it will be a two week challenge to tide us over the Christmas holiday period. The theme is 'Blue and Brown' a really lovely colour combo which I love working with, so afraid this post is a bit picture heavy.

I had my DT cards all done ages ago, but then the Hero Art 2012 Debut stamps hit Sir Stampalot a couple of days ago so of course I was straight into demo samples and had to share a couple of the gorgeous new images...........doesn't take a lot to get me excited. They are already shipping from the shop so you can go here and be amongst the first in the UK to get your hands on them.


So first off with the card at the top of this post which uses Hero Arts K5576 Newspaper Tulips. I inked the stamp with Aquamarkers, spritzed with water and stamped onto a piece of Fabriano watercolour card and lightly distressed the edges with TH broken china and tea dye. The DP is Kaiser.

My second card used another of the newbies, Hero Arts K5540 Spring Dream this time inked with hero Hues Latte. The frame cut with Nesties and the background DP are all Bo Bunny. The border are corners are Spellbinders Parisien Accents, plus some flowers and leaves cut from a Marianne die and a piece of cheesecloth which I inked with TH broken china to tone down the colour.


Next up my original DT cards, the one above uses the beautiful Hero Arts S5362 Dogwood stamp which I stamped onto a base piece using versafine sepia and embossed with detail clear, then stamped a second time onto some DP from stash to cut out and decoupage. The sentiment is a section on Penny Black 2695J  and lots of pearls to embellish.


And finally, my fourth card uses a quite old stamp from Penny Black which I always think makes a perfect male card. I masked a piece of Fabrinao watercolour card round the edges and two central section to create three panels. With the masking in place I sponged the panels with TH broken china, then stamped stamped Hero Arts S5364 Antique flower background using Hero chalk ink latte. I then removed the two centre piece of masking tape and stamped  Penny Black 2827K  using versafine sepia and embossed with detail clear before removing the remainder of the masking tape. I embossed a piece of Coredinations with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded lightly to use as a background piece.

Have a good weekend peeps and hope you all get you final Christmas preparations done and dusted in time to enjoy a wonderful Christmas.

44 comments:

tatyana said...

столько красоты сразу!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh my goodness Brenda ... these are just beautiful. I love this colour combo ! The stamps in the top card are just fabulous .. but i do like all of them ( well maybe the bird is my least favourite lol.. but thats not because your card is rubbish lol.. its cos i am frightened of birds- what a wuss!!)
Hope you all ready for the Big Day
Christmas wishes to you and your family
Lisa x

Виктория Волконская said...

Очень красивые открытки!!Мне понравилась вторая!!!

ewuva said...

Śliczne fantastyczne kartki. Pozdrawiam;)

Mummylade said...

they're absolutely fantastic, I want them all =)

Von said...

They are so cool especialy love those first flower ones :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards Brenda! I like them all especially the 2nd one! You are very talented!
Love Pearl x

Merry said...

Oh wow....so many beautiful cards Brenda....such lovely layouts and I think every image is wonderful. I missed seeing your wonderful creations but hope to be checking out your blog again regularly as my life returns to normal. Our holiday in Japan was wonderful....so good to be home though.

Fleur said...

Stunning cards B. They're all beautiful
HUGZ Fleur xxx

Pami said...

Oh Brenda these are fabulous, love this colour combination, I think the second card is my fav but I love them all! Have a great day! Pami x

Fliss said...

These are all absolutely gorgeous Brenda and some of those stamps will be going on my wish list. The dogwood card is awesome.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Hussena said...

i loved all your cards they are so beautiful ..my fave is the dogwood one....

craftymum said...

all your cards are stunning Brenda
hugs sarah x

Juls said...

what an absolutley stunning collection of card! I am in LOVE with the first one, love the folded back detail and the twine detail! Hugs Juls

Helen said...

Such amazing work as ever, Brenda - just love those tulips - am going to splurge right away!!! Have a great weekend.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Stunning Brenda. Soooo beautiful. love these tulips very much. beautiful work and beatiful details.
Lovely greet
Marja

chillin with Quillin said...

There all beautiful, really like the second one, love its colors!!!
Paula

kukusya said...

неймовірно гарно!!! так лаконічно і довершено!

sandie said...

I just love the fourth card. The stamp is gorgeous and the panel effect really works. Blue and brown seems a herd combo to me but you have made it look so simple and classic.

Becky Dunham said...

Oh my goodness - these are gorgeous! I have been a bit neglectful of my blogs that I follow lately so checking in! I love the new stamps by Hero Arts - that Spring Dream is so beautiful :) Thanks for sharing!

Nicola said...

Stunning cards Brenda, love them all, much thought has gone into each one and the attention to detail is amazing!
HUGE thanks for my Christmas card - love it!
Happy Christmas :)
Love Nicola xxx

Kat said...

You have been busy Brenda. Love the new images and the cards you've made with them. But the older images are just as nice, especially the dogwood. Must look mine out! I'm just finished my Christmas cards on Friday night and being very lazy today.

Take care,

Kat xx

Nikbee said...

Wow. All gorgeous, but I think the first is my favourite.
Nikki x

Jennifer said...

These are all just fabulous! I love the details like the folded down corner, the handmade flowers and the ribbon lacing! Just exquisite!

Kari said...

These cards are fabulous,Brenda!!Amazing cards as always!Love the flowers!
Have a wonderful Christmas holiday,hun!
Hugs,Kari :)

hauiline said...

Hi Brenda,

all cards you made are just wonderful.

xxx
Anja

Julie said...

So many beautiful cards!

Have a Happy Christmas! x

Nannieflash said...

Wow a stunning set of cards Brenda they are all gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx
Oh thank you so much for your card.xx

Unknown said...

I love the two little birdies :) Striking card. I am very new to card making still. Hopefully I will read this level someday! :)

Chrizette's World

Paula (PEP) said...

The blues & browns are indeed a very striking combination in your hands - I think my favourite is the first though the Dogwood is a very very close second with that criss cross weaving through the eyelets. I am not surprised you wanted to play with these stamps.
Hope you're adjusting to the new medication.
Much love
Paula (PEP)
Thank you too for your lovely comment.

PatR said...

Wow Brenda what a wonderful selection of cards. LIke you I love the blue/brown combination so really love these cards. Those new stamps are delish. Hope you are keeping well. Hugs xx

ania said...

Świetne prace - kapitalnie wykorzystujesz stempelki, czego ja jeszcze nie potrafię:)

xxxtglxxx said...

These are truly amazing Brenda - Wow! :)

Gorgeous colours, I love the blues and browns and such great layouts and images.

Hope you are keeping well hun :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

awesome stamps and cards Brenda, amazing work!

Ruth said...

What a fabulous set of cards. Each one is so professional and unique...just the type of cards I look at and say "I wish I ope could make that!" I hope you are enjoying some "me" time. Ruth x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning cards Brenda - love the Hero Arts Tulips stamp - absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the lovely comment, and the Allsorts info - of course I couldn't resist joining in the fun! Thanks also for all your wonderful inspiration.
Hope you and yours have a very happy Christmas and a peaceful 2012.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Kirsty said...

Hi Oh wow I really love Hero Arts produvts. The spring stamp is so lovely . The colour combination on them all is just beautiful ! I like them all so much inspiration ! Thanks Kitty ;0)

LittleSunday said...

I love the compination of that blue and brown! Beuatiful technics too!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards, just love the first one!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous set of cards,

regards from Poland
perelka111
www.zosia-perelka.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Stunning cards Brenda, gorgeous colours and images x

Прозрачная said...

beautiful cards***

СВЕТЛАНА said...

Красивые открытки, замечательное сочетание цветов бумаги и штампов! Всего доброго!

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful cards, love the Newspaper Tulip image,brilliant in thos colours.
Avril x